Sunday, 13 December 2015

Christmas salt dough decorations.

I shared by KS4 catering students Christmas cakes yesterday, but I meant to show you what we do in advance of decorating our cakes. I normally run a session prior to decorating, where my student can practice modelling their ideas. It's a great lesson and they all enjoy learning some new modelling techniques.
What I use for this lesson is simple salt dough. The kind that everyone has had a go with when they were young. The good thing about these medium is it handles in similar way to modelling with roll out fondant icing and once dry they can use their creations as Christmas decorations, added bonus.



For a great salt dough recipe visit my salt dough jar labels post.














LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...