Thursday, 17 September 2015

Spoonflower design competition - State fair

Do you know Spoonflower? It's a great website which allows you to design and print your own fabric. It is also a great place to shop for unique and original designed fabric as many of the designers list their work in their own little store. I have a store on Spoonflower and would love it if you took a look.

They also run a weekly design competition and I love to take part as it often make me design things I wouldn't normally draw.

The latest competition is entitled State fair. This was the brief:

'Here in Spoonflower's home town, the State Fair is by far one of our most beloved fall traditions. Local farmers show off their biggest, best crops and livestock, we ride colorfully-lit ferris wheels, and indulge in probably more fried delicacies on a stick than we should. We want to know what your version of the State Fair looks like where you live! Let us see your best State Fair designs in this week's design contest.'


We don't really have state fairs in the UK as much as I know, the closest thing I could think of was the Three counties show. It is mainly an agricultural show and when I was a child it was one of the things you could let out of school for, so naturally we all went.

When trying to come up with as design I kept failing as my pictures of livestock were rubbish, so I focused more on the handicrafts and produce tents. This is what I came up with - Jam on black.

Spoonflower design competition - State fair

What do you think?
If you like my design please pop over to Spoonflower and vote for me. The voting opens today


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...