Now we are coming to the end of summer I always tend to find I have a few good tomatoes hanging on soaking up the last of the sun. What a better way to eat the Summer and warm yourself for Autumn than with a rich and delicious bowl of fresh tomato soup.
Gluten free fresh tomato soup recipe
This recipe would serve four adults for Lunch.
For the tomato soup you will need:
- 9 Large tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 200ml hot water
- 1 tsp gluten free bouillon powder
- First finely chop the onion and cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the tomato puree, sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and cook for a few minutes longer until caramelized.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until starting to soft.
- Dissolve the bouillon powder in the hot water and add to the saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the oregano, tearing the leaves from the stalk.
- Using a hand blender blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Serve in warmed bowls.
I love this soup with some gluten free crackers crumbled in the top but it's also great with gluten free bread. Great for dunking. Enjoy!
|Gluten free fresh tomato soup recipe|