Monday, 13 July 2015

Orange butterfly cross stitch thank you card

Orange butterfly cross stitch thank you card

I must admit I haven't done much blogging recently. I have been busy working hard on my design work, both my cross stitch and textile designs. I have been stitching up samples and working with my new design software. I have just launched two new stores on Redbubble and Society 6. So I only thought it fair that I give you a quick update on my stitching. Don't forget if you like my stitching style you can follow me on Instagram as I tend to put more WIP pics on there.



Orange butterfly cross stitch thank you card
This piece is for a thank you card and I couldn't resist using a butterfly. They keep reappearing thought my design work but I chose to use colours not normally in my preferred pallet. They give a great summery feel to this card and it's nice to break from my comfort choices now and again.
Orange butterfly cross stitch thank you card
I really like how the pale green boarder and lettering compliments the design and keeps with the garden feel.
Orange butterfly cross stitch thank you card
I might adjust the design in future and add a slightly darker back stitch to the butterfly to add more definition. What do you think?
Orange butterfly cross stitch thank you card

It looks great in a hoop as well as on a card and would make a great gift for someone. I sometimes find that cards that are stitched are not enjoyed for very long considering the time they take to make, so giving it in a hoop makes it more special.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...