Monday, 15 June 2015

Dragonfly embroidery

Dragonfly embroidery

If you regularly stop by my blog, you will know I've been busy stitching up examples of my free patterns and those that I sell in my Etsy store. Some of you may not know that I also sell embroidery patterns as well.
As a change I thought I would stitch up the dragonfly from my set of six insect designs that you can buy and instantly download from my Etsy store.



Dragonfly embroidery
I love the fabric that I chose to stitch the dragonfly on, but it really doesn't convey well in the photographs. It's a voile with a print of tea roses on it, combined with the colours of cream, lilac and brown the fabric has a real vintage feel about it.

Dragonfly embroidery

I stitched the dragonfly using two threads of DMC floss apart from on the antenna where I only used one as I wanted them to be more delicate. I used back stitch on the wings, french knots for the tail and satin stitch for the body. I really enjoyed stitching this up last night and I found it easier to do watching the T.V as I didn't have to keep checking my chart. So I think this week I will keep to stitching up a few more examples of tmy embroidery patterns. Stop by to check on my progress or check out my Instagram feed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...