Monday, 29 June 2015

Blackwork umbrella

Blackwork umbrella
I must admit I am starting to have a love affair with blackwork. It makes a nice change from cross stitch and I love the endlessness of the patterns. You continue filling in shapes with them for a lfie time. For this umbrella pattern I chose some of my favorite blackwork filling patterns. I wanted to get a mix of dense and lighter patterns to give a three dimensional look to the shape of the umbrella. 
Blackwork it relatively quick to produce which is also a good thing in my eyes, with limited time in the evenings to sew I like a project to be complete over a couple of nights. I don't have the patience for anything else.

Blackwork umbrella
Once you've got the rhythm of each pattern, you barely need to look at the pattern sheet to filling in your shapes.
Blackwork umbrella
I am really pleased with the pattern and I love working in one colour. Someone asked me if I stocked a red version but really once you buy the pattern you can stitch it up in whatever colour takes your fancy. Or multiple colours even? I bet this would look great as a rainbow umbrella, just like one I had as a kid.
Blackwork umbrella
Now the piece is finished, I just need to wash it and get it framed. I think I'm going to send this one to my bother as he's never seen any of my stitching before.
Blackwork umbrella

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...