- 100g plain flour
- 50g margarine
- 25g sugar
- 2 level tablespoons syrup
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level teaspoon of ground ginger
To make these biscuits gluten free swap the plain flour for gluten free flour (I like doves) and add a pinch of xanthan gum. Check your bicarbonate of soda to ensure it is also gluten free.
- Heat oven 190OC, Gas 5
- Grease baking tray
- Sieve dry ingredients into mixing bowl
- Heat the fat, sugar and syrup over a gentle heat until melted
- Cool slightly and add to dry ingredients - mix with a wooden spoon
- Divide the mixture into 12 balls
- Place the biscuits on the tray, well spaces and flatten slightly
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Lift carefully onto a wire tray as they will still be soft.