Sunday, 25 January 2015

Top ten inspiring stump work ideas

According to the Royal school of Needlework Stumpwork is 'also known as raised embroidery uses an array of different materials and embroidery techniques to tell a contemporary story in stitch using three dimensional elements. Techniques include silk work, goldwork, counted  work, flat & raised stitching, bead work, padding and needlelace.'www.royal-needlework.org.uk
It is an element of embroidery I have always admired and would love to experiment with. To inspire me and you I have gathered together ten inspiring stumpwork ideas.

Incredible stumpwork!
Bee and berries



If your looking for inspiration and instuction on Stumpwork Sew in love is a good place to start.
Stumpwork Tutorial - pintangle.com

Stumpwork

I love this little needle case and like the idea of combining stump work and other materials such as the buttons.

strawberry stumpwork needlecase

I had never thought of using stumpwork to make jewelry and this fairy ring is so cute.

Faery Moss statement ring

Or how about this cute pendant? I love the combination of colors on the apple.

If you want to take your embroidery onto a more ornate level this beetle if definitely inspiring, but I'm not sure I could get away with wearing it.
Stumpwork beetle brooch

These little bugs are so cute, I could easily see a few of these adorning my picnic blanket or my summer patio table cloth.
How to make simple stumpwork bugs, based on the larger ladybird/ladybug. http://sew-in-love.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/stumpwork-ladybird-tutorial.html

I love this bumble bee piece by Jane Nicholas and you can buy it from her website. It would be perfect for any nature lover and would fit in with beautiful neutral decor. 
Bumble Bee stumpwork. Did this as a framed piece. Has very personal memory.

This tentacle takes stump work to a whole other level with amazing projection from the hoop. 
It Came From The Deep ... I Mean, The Hoop!! (Tentacle Stumpwork Embroidery) - jemimah on craftster

This beautiful stumpwork pattern is available from Taetia is available for instant download from ETSY. 
Stumpwork Butterfly Girl Limenitis Hand Embroidery Pattern & Instructions--hand embroidered

I hope you feel as inspired as me by these beautiful artworks and please feel free to share any of your embroideries with me on my face book page.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...