Tuesday, 20 January 2015

New wardrobe project - Jiffy dress

New wardrobe project - Jiffy dress
Well Iv'e finished it, my first make of my new wardrobe. I am really rather pleased with it. I already had the fabric and the pattern, so in total the dress only cost me £3.00 to make which was the cost of the zip. I love the fabric, my husband says it looks like curtains but what would he know!
New wardrobe project - Jiffy dress
 It was rather more complex to make then I was led to believe when I first chose the pattern, as it has quiet a few shaping darts in it. Hence the fitted style of the dress. Perhaps a little too fitted in places, and if I was to make it again. Which I probably will as I love it. I will probably make it in a size 12 rather than a ten to give my boobs a little more room for movement.
New wardrobe project - Jiffy dress
 One thing that particular drew me to the pattern was the bow at the front. I am very girly in my dress sense generally and the bow swung it for me. I love it so much I am going to make a separate one as a hair accessory so I can co-ordinate! Yay!
New wardrobe project - Jiffy dress
 There are a few things I would like to get better at and the insertion of the zip is one. It doesn't really show on the photo but I went a bit wonky in one place and it does bug me. Hopefully I will improve next time. I can't wait to get started on the next project. I can see me having way more than 12 new items in my wardrobe by the end of 2015.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...