A perfect summer salad, the Halloumi can be cooked on the bar-b-que or done in a frying pan and it's a matter of minutes to bring it all together in a wonderful colourful taste of summer.
You will need to serve two generous portions.
- 1 pack of halloumi
- Halve a bag of Watercress
- 200g of French beans
- 4-5 stalks of asparagus
- A handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- Half a cumber sliced.
- 2 tbsp of fresh basil
- 2tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the fresh basil and olive oil in a blender or pestle and mortar and blend.
- Slice the halloumi and heat a frying pan or place a sheet of foil onto the bar-b-que.
- Blanch the French beans and aspargus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- When your frying pan is hot tip the basil oil into the pan and place the halloumi slices on top. Cook for roughly two minutes until golden and then turn.
- Cook for a further two minutes on the other side.
- Dress your serving dish with the watercress, French beans, asparagus, cucumber and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Top with the halloumi slices and tip over any remaining basil oil over the salad.
- Serve whilst the halloumi is still warm.