|Gluten free Carrot and Orange soup recipe|
Carrot and Orange Soup
1 medium potato
1 small onion
2 medium oranges
2 teaspoons sugar
1 litre Gluten free vegetable stock
150ml pot double cream
- Peel and slice the carrots and potato.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Zest and juice the oranges.
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the sliced carrots and potato, and chopped onion, and stir well to make sure they’re all coated in the butter.
- Cover the pan and cook over a very low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sugar and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and juice.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Add 100ml double cream and reheat – but don’t allow it to boil.
- Pour the soup into bowls and add a swirl of double cream and a generous sprinkling of black pepper.