1 Quorn fillet
2 tablespoons strong plain (bread) flour
1 tablespoon cornflour
½ teaspoon paprika
Salt and white pepper
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons cornflakes
1. Cut the Quorn fillet into small finger-sized strips or bite-sized pieces
2. Sift the plain flour, cornflour, paprika, salt and pepper onto a plate.
3. Put the egg into a bowl and beat.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs in a food processor with the sunflower oil. Blend until the breadcrumbs have absorbed the oil then add the cornflakes. Pour the contents of the food processor onto a plate.
6. Toss the Quorn into the flour mix making sure they are evenly covered and not stuck together.
7. Using a skewer or cocktail stick, dip the floured pieces into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumb mix.
8. Press the breadcrumbs onto the Quorn pieces, transfer to a clean plate and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C or Gas Mark 4.
10. Place the coated pieces onto a baking tray and cook for 12 – 15 minutes.