Chocolate chip loaf recipe.
200g baking margarine
200g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp milk
50g chocolate chips.
You will also need a lined 2lb loaf tin.
- Preheat the oven to 170c gas mark 3.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Using an electric mixer mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and level the top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours check it is cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle and ensuring it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out and dusting with icing sugar