|Butter nut squash and chestnut risotto recipe|
1 litre of vegetable stock
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion chopped
200g butter nut squash diced
200g vac packed ready to use chestnuts
200g risotto rice
85g cheddar cheese
- Make the stock according to your packets instructions.
- Heat the oil and the butter in a large saucepan until the butter has melted.
- Stir in the onion and butternut squash and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to stop the squash from sticking.
- Roughly shop the chestnuts and add to the pan.
- Add the rice and mix to ensure it is coated in the butter. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add all the stock and leave to cook for around 20 minutes. Stir and check the rice isn't sticking.
- The risotto is ready when the rice has absorbed the liquid and is creamy looking.
- The rice should be firm to the bite and the squash tender.
- Remove from the heat stir through the cheese and serve immediately.