1/2 onion, chopped
1 tbsp spoon oil
2-3 tbsp spoons water
25g peas (frozen)
1 pack filo pastry
25g butter, melted
½ red chilli, chopped
1x5ml spoon garam masala
½ 5ml spoon tumeric
1 tsp spoon coriander
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, 2 x saucepans,
colander, wooden spoon, small bowl, pastry brush, baking tray.
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
2. Peel and dice the potato and carrot (pea sized).
3. Par-boil for 5-8 minutes.
4. Fry the onion in the oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the chilli and spices and cook for a further 1 minutes.
6. Drain the potatoes and carrots in a colander.
7. Add the potatoes, carrots and water to the onion mixture, fry gently for 5 minutes.
8. Add the peas and coriander.
9. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
10. Lay 2-3 sheets of filo pastry on the work surface.
11. Cut into 10 cm wide strips. Brush with melted butter.
12. Place 1x15ml spoon of filling in the bottom left-hand corner. Fold over to make a triangle. Repeat this process.
13. Place on a baking sheet and repeat the process.
14. Brush the samosas with melted butter and bake for 10 minutes.