|Easy chocolate cake recipe.|
Easy chocolate cake recipe.
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp hot water
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
3 tbsp milk
100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas mark 4
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Mix cocoa powder with hot water in a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Add all the other cake ingredients and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes until springy on the top.
- Turn out and leave to cool
- Make the icing: Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the cocoa.
- Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the milk and the icing sugar.
- Beat well and leave to cool until thick enough to spread on the top of the cake.