Thursday, 6 December 2012

December the 1st - felted tree decoration

Well Advent is officially upon us, so I thought I shared something I made whilst pregnant with William that really makes him enjoy Advent without loads of chocolate. Whilst shopping on Amazon for Christmas presents as I was in no state to be going Christmas shopping, I found this wooden advent calendar. I loved the cheery painted design and the fact that you could put things in the drawers. I set to making small felted decorations that matched the designs on the doors or near enough. (There are a few too many baubles on it).
Wooden advent calendar 
This is the first decoration I made for December the first. It's a felted wreath and measures just 3cm across. I made the ring section first and stuffed it with toy stuffing and then wrapped gold embroidery thread around it before cutting out the tiniest holly berries and leaves, which I stitched on with metallic green thread. Then I added a red bow also cut from felt. Finally I added a silver ribbon off cut from a present I'd had. (always best to keep even the tiniest bit of ribbon!)
Felt wreath decoration 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...