When you have a craving for cake, this is my go to quick and satisfying chocolate cake recipe.
Everyday chocolate cake.
- 175g self raising flour,
- 200g caster sugar,
- 200g stork margarine,
- 3 medium eggs, (weigh them and adjust the ratio if needed)
- 1tsp baking powder,
- 25 g cocoa powder.
- For the butter cream icing:
- 175g icing sugar,
- 25g cocoa powder,
- 75g stork margarine,
- 1tbsp milk.
- Preheat oven to 180c of gas mark 4.
- Grease and line two 8'' sponge tins.
- Add all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth consistency.
- Pour into the two baking tins and bake for 25 mins until they spring back when touched in the middle.
- Remove from tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cool prepare the butter cream icing.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Use half the mixture to sandwich the sponges together and then pipe the rest of the icing on top using a star nozzle. Easy! x
|Everyday easy chocolate cake recipe|