Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Jam

Went to the allotment this afternoon. It was absolutely covered in bind weed and in need of a good water. We must try and find more time to get down there but there always seems to be other things going on. In spite of the state of it we managed to dig up a couple of kilos of potatoes, pick a few handfuls of french beans, pick one courgette and best of all pick a couple of kilos of plums! So back in the warm kitchen the plums are rapidly humming with wasps and set to rot by tomorrow, so I've just finished turning them into jam. Not my best I must admit. The new induction hob doesn't like my preserving pan so I had to use my cast iron casserole dish and the sugar caught and burnt. :( Still not completely inedible, quiet like toffee apples. I'll make some jam pot covers tomorrow ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...