Just found out I won the craft bag design competition run by the sewing directory with this design! I will be getting my design printed on to a tote bag. I will post pictures when it arrives. So excited!
Wednesday, 25 February 2015
Tuesday, 24 February 2015
Monday, 23 February 2015
Friday, 20 February 2015
- 100 g margarine
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Self Raising Flour
- 675 g cooking apples, peeled and cored
- 50 g sugar
- Heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each.
- Gently fold in remaining flour.
- Thinly slice apples and layer in dish with sugar.
- Prepare cake mixture and use to cover the apples. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Thursday, 19 February 2015
Ginger biscuits recipe Makes 12
- 100g plain flour
- 50g margarine
- 25g sugar
- 2 level tablespoons syrup
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level teaspoon of ground ginger
- Heat oven 190OC, Gas 5
- Grease baking tray
- Sieve dry ingredients into mixing bowl
- Heat the fat, sugar and syrup over a gentle heat until melted
- Cool slightly and add to dry ingredients - mix with a wooden spoon
- Divide the mixture into 12 balls
- Place the biscuits on the tray, well spaces and flatten slightly
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Lift carefully onto a wire tray as they will still be soft.
Wednesday, 18 February 2015
Tuesday, 17 February 2015
|Pomegranate Vodka recipe|
- Makes 500ml.
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pomegranate
- 500ml vodka.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate by cutting in half and whilst holding it over a bowl hit it on the back with a spoon. The seeds will fall out and you just have to check through that none of the pith has fallen in the bowl. If it has pick it out.
- Place the vodka, sugar, vanilla and the pomegranate seeds in a large jar with a seal able lid.
- Shake well.
- Leave the jar somewhere cool and dark and shake once a week until all the sugar is dissolved and the color has bleached from the seeds.
- Drain through a sieve or jelly bag to remove the seeds and discard.
- Pour the vodka into a new clean bottle and seal.